Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Think I've Been Spending Too Much Time on Facebook

by Shia LaBeouf


I think I’ve been spending too much time on Facebook. I have a lot of friends to catch up with (not to mention keep up with), but recently I've been wondering why I do it at all.

It’s hard to admit this, but I think I have a need to be “liked.” I remember shooting scenes for Transformers 3 with Rose Huntington-Whiteley, and after a few takes she whispered something a little naughty involving her trailer, so I followed her. After a few minutes, it was really hard to reach my pants, but my Droid was in there and I couldn’t wait to put all of this in a status update!

All of my friends seem to be doing really well, and I want them to know that I am too! Ben was able to restore is his ’72 Chevy Nova! And Mary’s littlest one sure seems like a handful!

Sometimes when I say something that I think is really interesting, then only 27 of my friends respond, I feel like a failure. I usually toss my prototype iPad 3 to my assistant and sulk to my hot tub, then I kick anyone out who’s in there and think about how I can do better next time.

When I am trolling around looking for friends to add, I wonder: Will Jimmy remember me from high school? Then I realize how silly I’m being. I mean not everyone is named Shia!

I was talking to Harrison Ford about how super weird it is that a lot of times I can’t find some of my high school friends on Facebook. I wonder if they’re in prison, or maybe even dead! But then we realized that maybe a lot of them are on Myspace, and we had a big chuckle about that. What losers!

No comments:

Post a Comment